Tamarind Chicken Wings, inspired by Gordon Ramsay, with its sweet, spicy and tangy flavour. Perfect appetisers for family gatherings or party.
Seriously, these tamarind chicken wings, never disappoint me, Dydy or even my guest. It’s an amazing appetiser that is so easy to make at home, and still, you would get the restaurant style flavour. The sticky tamarind glaze that is spicy and sweet at the same time, make every bite so flavourful. Let me warn you now, that you won’t be able to stop with just one chicken wing. This is ADDICTIVE tamarind chicken wings.
Whenever we are celebrating for some occasion, especially when beer is involved, I would always make these tamarind chicken wings. It’s one of our favourite chicken wings at home. We won’t have any dinner whenever I make these tamarind chicken wings because beer and chicken will be our superstar for that night.
This recipe is from Gordon Ramsay cookbook, Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Home Cooking. I love all of his food, and how easy it is to make at home for everyday cook, even if you are busy from work. Beside his cookbook, I also like to watch his food show sometimes to get inspiration of what to cook. Trying his recipes make me so excited, that sometimes I couldn’t even sleep thinking about it.
Let’s get to the cooking part with this step by step guide in making tamarind chicken wings.
Pre-heat oven to 180C degree. In a medium bowl, add 1 tablespoon tamarind paste, 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste and 1 teaspoon chilli powder. Mix until all combine. Set aside.
Wash chicken wings thoroughly, and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. and bake for 30 mins or until slightly golden brown.
Coat baked chicken wings with the mixed tamarind sauce generously.
Arrange it back on the baking sheet, and bake for another 15 – 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Be careful not to over burn the wings.
Garnish with chopped green onions and coriander leaves. Serve warm.
- 3 chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 spring coriander leaves, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 180C degree.
- In a medium bowl, add tamarind paste, sesame oil, honey, fish sauce, soy sauce, garlic paste and chilli powder. Mix until all combine. Set aside.
- Wash chicken wings thoroughly, and pat dry.
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides. and bake for 30 mins or until slightly golden brown.
- Coat baked wings with the mixed tamarind sauce generously.
- Arrange it back on the baking sheet, and bake for another 15 - 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Be careful not to over burn the wings.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and coriander leaves. Serve warm.