The ultimate carrot cake that is super delicious, moist and that lemon cream cheese frosting, is irresistible. It never last for a day in my table.
My favourite, carrot cake, I could just sit and eat the whole cake by myself. It is that delicious, with this recipe, you never ever want to go to cafe and order their carrot cake anymore. It is one of the most simple, yet delicious cake that I ever made.
There is not much work for this carrot cake, except, mixing all batter together, and bake it. I know, it is that easy. I love making this cake for some friends gathering or family gathering. It is always a hit, and never enough for everyone.
Thinking back, I remember I make this cake for the first time 6 or 7 years ago when I was still in University in Perth. That time, I bake this once in a while, for breakfast together with my sisters. They really love this cake, especially that there are carrot inside it.
It is funny how I don’t love carrot at all, and decided to bake this cake out of randomness, and loving this cake although I don’t like carrot. It doesn’t have carrot taste at all. You won’t even notice that there is carrot there. It looks like one of the healthy cake where you use vegetable to bake it. Because of this cake, I started to love carrot now. For all moms out there, this might be a good tricks if your kids don’t like carrot.
You have other good tricks to make your kids eating veggies? Comment and share it with all of us here. Looking forward to see what other tricks that all moms out there is using…
Now, whenever my sisters want to come to visit me in Sydney, she will pre-order my carrot cake, ensuring that there is carrot cake by the time she arrive. I think that’s how I started to love baking. The feeling of someone loving your cake, and making people smile with your food, is actually making me happy. Slowly, my direction changes from baking to cooking. I still love baking, and I bake once in a while, like this carrot cake.
Out of all frostings, I think lemon cream cheese frosting goes the best with this carrot cake. I tried with vanilla frostings, or chocolate frostings, it just doesn’t go well. The sweetness of the frosting, together with the carrot cake, is just heavenly. If you haven’t tried carrot cake yet, you MUST TRY this. It’s the best of the best carrot cake ever.
- Roasted shredded coconut
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon all spices
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 113 g cream cheese, softened
- 28 g butter, softened
- 1 cups icing sugar
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 160 Celcium. Grease baking pan and layer with baking paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients: self raising flour, all spices, cinnamon ground, and brown sugar together. Mix until combined.
- Add grated carrot, vegetable oil, eggs. Stir until all combined.
- Spread the batter in the baking pan, and bake for 1 hours or until the skewers come out clean when inserted.
- Stand in a pan for 15 minutes before cooling in a rack.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and lemon together using electric mixer until smooth.
- Slowly add icing sugar and keep beating until smooth and all combined.
- Divide the cake into 2 equally.
- Spread few tablespoon of icing sugar on 1 part of cake, and top with another part of cake.
- Spread icing sugar on top and sides of carrot cake.
- Place walnuts on top on the carrot cake.
- Gently press roast shredded coconut along the side of the carrot cake.