The best Quinoa Oatmeal Chocolate Chips Breakfast Cookies for healthy breakfast. Guilt-free snacks at all time. Easy to bake in less than 20 mins.
My favourite breakfast cookies that are packed with superfood quinoa, healthy oatmeal and the mighty chocolate chips. It is such a heaven-made combination to have these three ingredients in the cookies. Never feel guilty in snacking cookies anymore. These are superfood quinoa oatmeal chocolate chips breakfast cookies. Even the is super long.
Everyone know that quinoa suddenly bursting in popularity since it is named as superfood with those small grains. I might have said it before in my other quinoa post that I’m not a big fan of quinoa. However, I changed back my words now, quinoa is the best superfood grain ever if you cook it in the right ways.
This might be more of personal choice, some people like to just toss quinoa in salad to add more fibre and vitamins to their salads. Personally, for me, I like to make quinoa with spices. Spices + Quinoa = Super YUMMYY!!! If you don’t believe me, check my Healthy Quinoa Stuffed Eggplant with Chinese Sauce, Fish 65 with Indian Quinoa and Tomato Chutney, or simply quinoa fried rice. I have experimented quinoa with Chinese Sauce and Indian Spices, and you know what? It brings life to this tiny superfood quinoa.
But, Quinoa in cookies, I haven’t heard it that often yet. Most of the time, people are adding oatmeal to make cookies healthier. I love oatmeal cookies, but I find that some of it is too dry. I guess, it depends on how you bake it. Moreover, adding chocolate chips in cookies, it will never go wrong. It is a fool proof recipe, chocolate always taste amazing in cookies. I only love cookies with chocolate chips in it.
Chocolate chips are the classic toppings for cookies. I saw how people substituting chocolate chips with nuts or dried fruits in their cookies. I’m so sorry to say this, but for me, it ruins the taste of cookies. Cookies are suppose to make with chocolate chips in my dessert book. I won’t substitute chocolate chips for the sake of health. Taste and delicious always come first. Who can resist chocolate?
Back to the Quinoa Oatmeal Chocolate Breakfast Cookies, it is inspired by Kate from I Heart Eating. These quinoa cookies make my breakfast so much healthier and yummier. Not only for breakfast, We also have it for our tea time snacks or late night snacks. Absolute keeper recipe that I will keep making it in the future. For the first time in my life, I feel less guilty in snacking cookies in the middle of the night.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oatmeals, ground
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted (or vegetable oil)
- ¼ cup greek yoghurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 190C Degree, and line baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a bowl, add together all dry ingredients: wheat flour, oatmeal flour, salt, baking powder, brown sugar, and baking soda. Mix until all combine.
- In another bowl, add all wet ingredients: oil, greek yoghurt, honey, eggs, vanilla extract, and quinoa. Mix until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and shredded coconut, and stir until all incorporated.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the cookies batter in the baking sheet, forming a shape of cookies. Repeat until the baking sheet is full with cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the top of cookies is slightly golden brown.
- Let it rest for 5-10 minutes in the rack to set and cool.