This Sweet Potato Brownies is so fudgy and chocolaty, you will not believe that it is made from sweet potato. Less sugar, Less Butter, Less Fat, More Healthy, & More Happiness.
Who don’t love brownies? It’s the heaven of chocolate-lover. I could just sit down and eat the whole cake of brownies by myself. I know this is selfish, but I hate sharing my brownies. It’s just too delicious that I want to keep it for myself. If I’m sharing it with you, then I must like you more than my brownies to the extent that I will share my precious brownies slices with you. There’s no many people who get that privileges.
And, I have good news for all chocolate lover out there, healthier version of Brownies. I bet you will jump happily when you see this recipe. It’s using less butter, less sugar, less fat, and sweet potato. Yes, sweet potato, my dear friends. Don’t worry, you won’t even taste the sweet potato in it. The sweet potato will substitute all butter and sugar roles, and still make the brownies so fudgy.
This sweet potato brownies doesn’t stay for a day in my table. I made this in the afternoon, and all gone by the night. I was surprised as well how much we eat the brownies.
Once you make this, I bet you won’t make your brownies the normal way anymore. This is the revolution of brownies. I couldn’t wait to share the recipes to all my readers after I tested how amazing is this recipe. This recipe is adapted from Dan Lepard.
I added some mixed fruits, and chopped mixed nuts to get more textured in the brownies. I think without it, this brownies still taste amazing. Moreover, this sweet potato brownies is super quick and easy to make, all in one bowl. You never want to buy brownies from cafe anymore.
- 200g sweet potato
- 125g dark chocolate
- 100g unsalted butter
- 125g brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 g plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mixed fruits and chopped nuts
- Bake sweet potato at 180C for 45 minutes. Cool it before scooped out the flesh.
- Pre-heat oven to 160C Degree. Layer square baking pan with baking paper.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add dark chocolate, and keep stirring in low heat until chocolate is melted.
- In a bowl, beat brown sugar and sweet potato flesh until smooth and combined.
- Add butter-chocolate mixtures, eggs, vanilla, and continue beating until smooth.
- Add flour and baking powder, continue beating until mixtures are evenly combined.
- Fold in mixed fruits and nuts, until all combined.
- Pour the mixtures to baking pan, and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the edge starting to crust, but the inside still soft.
- Leave it to cool completely before slicing.